“I love working from home.” this is a term I can use and mean wholeheartedly instead of the ole “I love my job.” That’s a term I used to repeat in my head over and over again just so I can make it through the work day without telling myself to quit.
What inspired me to write this post was my ride home from picking up my son from school the other day. I took a look at all the traffic around me and the cars speeding by, some even speeding in a school zone for crying out loud.
I could also see other drivers looking stressed, almost to the point of road rage because the person in front of them is driving too slowly and they’re obviously in a hurry to get somewhere. And then there are the real dummies texting and driving and swerving in and out of lanes because they’re not paying attention.
I’ll work from home thanks very much.
20 Reasons Why I Love Working From Home
Besides not having to deal with traffic, crazy drivers, and our ever changing weather in Houston, here are 20 reasons why I love working from home. Because I (can)
- Work the hours that works around my family’s needs.
- Work the days I prefer.
- Take a vacation whenever I need one and take as long I’d like.
- Take the laptop outside, sit on the back porch and work.
- Spend more time with the family.
- Am my own boss.
- Am saving money.
- Choose not to wear make-up and put my hair in a bun. As a bonus, you can’t see me either!
- Declare every day casual day. I can wear jeans and a t-shirt on a Monday!
- Have time for volunteering.
- Watch the morning talk shows.
- Watch my favorite soap opera, General Hospital baby.
- Have the best view. I can look outside and see trees, hear birds singing and see the old couple taking their daily walk instead of buildings, traffic, and noise.
- Feel healthier. I’m no longer stressed out about work.
- Try new things like baking. I used to buy the cookie dough in the log…okay I still use it but I’m doing it more often! LOL
- I can care for my family during an illness.
- Bond with my grandchildren
- Take care of errands during the week instead of using up my weekend.
- Have a lunch date with my sweetie any day.
- Have lunch with friends or family.
Nice huh? Sure there are times when I nag about driving the kids here and there but I’m thankful I can do that. I stop and remind myself when there was a time I didn’t have the freedom to do what I needed when I needed. My boss would not have been very understanding every time I had to pick up or drop off my kids.
The best part of all is seeing my youngest kids doing great in school and participating in activities they couldn’t do when I worked a twelve-hour office job…and that’s why I love working from home.
Over to You
Are you working from home? What are the reasons why you love it? Let’s exchange reasons in the comments section below.
Don’t forget to share this post in your social media networks, I would really appreciate it!