A while back I shared the easy ways moms can make fast money from home this summer and still have time to take care of the kids.
And all the suggestions are great ones. But when you see “a quiet, dedicated work space” in the job listing requirements and you have rambunctious kids (like my grandsons) in the background – you have to cross out those kinds of jobs off the list and look for something else.
Mamas, you know it’s hard to hold down a traditional work-from-home job that requires you to be in front of a computer for a certain number of hours. And if you’ve got kiddos in the house, you know what I mean when I say we go by the kid’s schedule.
With that being said, you might not be able to work two, four hours, much less six hours straight without having to stop to tend to the kids.
But don’t let that stop you from wanting to make money from home. There are some websites that offer at-home side hustle gigs. Some of these I did myself to work in between driving my kids to and from school.
What I like about side hustle gigs like the ones I’m about to share with you is that there is no requirement to work certain hours. There is no boss to report to. And the best part about it is you can work whenever you have free time.
At-Home Side Hustle Gigs
The websites I’m about to share with you does not require you to have special equipment and you don’t have to be on the phone with customers. So the kids can carry on with the ruckus in the background while you work. The only thing you will need is a computer and concentration.
- Admimsy – This site pays you to view ads.
- CashCrate– You can get paid for watching videos, completing offers, online shopping and other tasks.
- Click N Work– Get paid to do a variety of tasks include web research, data entry, and consulting.
- Clickworker– You’ll find a variety of tasks such as writing, research, data processing and translations.
- ClixSense– Get paid to view ads, visit other websites, taking surveys and other tasks.
- Crowdflower– Become a CrowdFlower contributor and get paid for completing a variety of tasks.
- OneSpace (formerly Crowdsource) – Get paid for completing tasks such as writing, transcription and image tagging.
- Easy Shift– Get paid to shop, eat and explore your city.
- Fiverr – If you’ve been on Fiverr you’ll know you can find all kinds of services and for only $5 a project. If you have a specialty, you can create an account and pitch to potential clients. For example, you can offer to comment on 7 blog posts or Facebook posts for $5.
- Fusion Cash – Get paid for completing tasks, to search, watching videos and other opportunities.
More At-Home Side Hustle Gigs
- Postmates – Earn cash for delivering food, drinks and groceries in your area.
- Lionbridge – You can find projects like translations, web research and freelance interpreters across the globe.
- Mturk– Mechanical Turk is powered by Amazon. This platform pays you to perform tasks such as extracting purchase information from a receipt. You might answer questions for customers. Or you might be researching for info like email addresses.
- Rev.com – You can find typing jobs such as transcription, closed captioning gigs as well as jobs in translations.
- Post Loop– Earn money posting on forums and blogs.
- Slice the Pie– Make money for submitting reviews.
- Smart Crowd – You can find a variety of tasks such as data research, translations and now data entry since Virtual Bee is now on their platform.
- Task Rabbit – Earn money by completing tasks such as shopping for clients, cleaning, painting, and running errands.
- YouData – Get paid for viewing ads from companies in and around your city.
- Zaarly– Like Task Rabbit, you can get paid for doing tasks such as house cleaning, yard work and other handyman services.
Over to You
I hope this list of sites will be helpful if you’ve been looking for ways to make money at home. Keep in mind that the amount you earn depends on how consistent you are. And it also depends on how many tasks you complete.
And if you know any mamas or daddies who are looking for side hustles to make extra money, please share this post with them.